Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas in Louisiana

This was the second Christmas I've spent in Lafayette, Louisiana.  The only family members that don't live in this town are my uncle and his wife BUT they came down this year so I've gotten to see every one of my relatives this year!  A big blessing knowing that I may not be able to visit for awhile!  The second best thing about Louisiana (and the South in general) is the food!  Cajun food is so flavorful and delicious! 
This is gumbo and potato salad.  The base of the liquid part is made with flour and oil.  Then you add water to it plus heaps of spices to make a delicious stock!  Then you add chicken, sausage, seafood, okra, whatever you love!  Lastly, add rice!  No gumbo would be complete without potato salad either!  My favorite meal!! Yum!


The weekend after I got back into the States, I went to a family Christmas party with my parents.  I was fortunate enough to reunite with a cousin of mine, Kylie, that I haven't seen in over 10 years!


Christmas Eve was spent at my brother and sister in law's house!  It was a great time to share about my time in Australia and my future vision and goals!  Of course, I got to play with my niece, Riley, ALL day! Loved it! 
 The whole kitchen was filled with little appetizers and desserts!

The children recieved presents of their own but the adults had a gift exchange!  My mom got a candle that smells like tropical fruit... I want to eat it!  I got Bath & Body Works body butter and hand soap.  It smells so good too!!!  I love things that smell wonderful!!

Overall, Christmas was a great, relaxing time spent with family!  Now, on to the new year!  I love setting goals (not resolutions!) for myself at this time of the year!  I'm so excited that most of my year will be in Australia with Youth with a Mission (YWAM) making a difference in the lives of countless youths!

No comments:

Post a Comment