
Two weekends ago, my friend Traci and I took a road trip to her hometown of Amarillo. We went to see an outdoor musical/play called Texas! It takes place in Palo Duro Canyon and was the backdrop! God's creation is beautiful! How gorgeous is the set up?! I love the canyon! Very big, lots of fun things to do, and always humbling. The play almost got rained out but it didn't! I've been in West Texas 6 years now and never have seen the play! It was about time!
The next day, Saturday, Traci took me to her favorite donut shop for breakfast! Delicious!! Then for lunch we ate at Coyote Bluff. The burger joint was featured on Man vs Food on the Food Network... they said it was great and IT WAS!! I had a cheeseburger with green chilies on it! wow! I recommend the place if you're ever in Amarillo! Then we went to Wonderland amusement park! I'm not a big fan of rollercoasters or rides but it was fun to be outside, chat with friends, and eat cotton candy! yummm... my mom never let me eat cotton candy... take that mom! Anyway, this is a picture of Traci and I!

Last weekend, one of our previous roommate's younger sister passed away. A lot of our friends came in from out of town for the funeral and to support and love on KaKa. This picture below is of KaKa and I on campus! The girls and I kidnapped her and took her for Sheridans (delicious ice cream) and a stroll around the Texas Tech campus! I love being an alumni of TTU! KaKa is very smart, very studious, and will accomplish all her life goals... literally, no lie... she is an overachiever to the max! But that's why she's awesome!

Below is a picture of my current roommate, Christa climbing on something that shouldn't be climbed. I don't have an explanation... this stuff just happens. :) We also took a picture in the fountain, tried to pick the locks to get into the bell towers, and climbed on many of the campus statues... oops! Did I already say I love being a TTU alumni?!
By the way, Christa got stuck and couldn't climb down without majorly scratching herself or breaking an ankle. She should of thought about that!!

I'm going home to Garland for Labor Day so if any of ya'll there have free time, let's catch up!
No comments:
Post a Comment