Sunday, July 10, 2011

Leaving Lubbock...

Hello everyone!

I left Lubbock on July 2nd and it was a very sad day. I definitely cried while driving to DFW. Most people leave a place because of something negative… I left Lubbock even though everything was going great! Great church, great job, awesome friends and coworkers. I’m learning a lot about the actual act of following Christ. His apostles and followers had to drop everything… their family, friends, maybe even a profitable job… all to live a nomadic, homeless, & humble life. That day I drove to my nursing school friend, Holly’s house in Sachse, TX. We met with another nsg school friend, Shannon and caught up on life!

On Sunday, I drove to Ft. Worth to visit my former youth pastor’s church, CityView. They are always gospel-centered and Kingdom-focused! Great message from Romans! Sunday and Monday I spent at their home. There’s never a dull moment with 4 kids under the age of 10!

Monday evening I ventured to McKinney, TX to visit 2 friends from my high school days. Drew and I have been friends since we were about 15. Shelley and I have been friends since we were 18 and 19. They finally decided to get married (well, Drew FINALLY popped the question I should say) and they were hitched this past March. Anyway, Shelley insisted, and I mean insisted, that I try In-N-Out burgers. It was really good!

Tuesday, I drove to Lafayette, Louisiana. Once in LA, it rained about half of my drive. I drove through more rain in 2 hours than I’ve seen in 6 months in Lubbock. And it’s rained every day since then. Mother Nature is pretty unpredictable! Once here, I realized that I have no place to call my own. That’s another thing I’m learning… following Christ means literally living like Him… like having no home. The call to serve is more important than the “American dream”. So since then, I’ve been hanging out with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece. Nothing interesting.

I leave for Australia on Thursday! That’s just 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment