This will be another post without pics or video... sorry to disappoint! :)
So I can't remember if I've told ya'll about the open windows in the shower stalls yet. They are pretty great... until you're showering when the sun isn't out, then its cold lol. It's winter time here though so maybe in the warmer months it will get better! Still love the fact that it's like taking a shower outside! Every window and door is open during the day and we eat lunch and dinner outside on the big patio... I already know that I'll miss being outside so much when I go home.
On Sunday, there are 2 different churches that rent out the YWAM auditorium and hold services. I went to both just to check them out. The morning service was great and I think I'll be going to that church every Sunday! I was sort of worried about not going to a church here and being under a preacher/pastor. Although I am surrounded by prayer, worship music, and the Bible here... it's always good to sit under good gospel-centered preaching with a body of believers. That night we had a base bbq. It was more of a meet & greet for us students and the staff. I also tried kangaroo. It tastes like a wild meat. People said it tasted sort of like deer. It was good! Felicity, Sophie, and I (ya'll will see them in videos later) went to the mall here. It's like American malls but it has a grocery store, meat markets, Target, & their version of Walmart connected to it (as well as clothing, shoes, jewelry stores). Minimum wage here is $15... which means everything costs more here. Bedsheets are $40-$60, clothes average around $40- many hundreds of dollars, juice and milk $10. And the big kicker... mascara is $15-20!!!! It's crazy!
Today (Tuesday) is our 2nd day of orientation. We've been going over standards and expectations. We talked about specific things relating to working with minors. Tonight we'll talk about our specific youth teams, our duties, and where we'll be serving... woohoo! can't wait!
I promise pics and video soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment