Monday, August 22, 2011

Geography lesson!

Now, in America I know that geography is taught in almost every grade level.  I also know that the South Pacific region is not really emphasized... we all know where Australia is because we're taught the 7 continents but nothing else.  How many children know where Indonesia is? How about Papua New Guinea? Solomon Islands? Tonga?  Yup, that's right.  I couldn't locate any of those places 6 weeks ago.  The South Pacific region spans roughly 3 million square miles, has a population of 35 million, and has 28 official languages! 


How many of these islands have heard the gospel?  Who will go and bring the Kingdom to these places?  It could be you!  Whether that's you physically going or maybe you supporting a missionary in prayer or money... everyone is commanded to fulfill the Great Commission!  God has been filling my heart with ABUNDANT love for the South Pacific!  Funny thing is that when you pray for people, you start to fall in love with them! 

Each of these islands have a rich history and culture!  Last week, a few of us went to the Culture Fest here in Townsville.  There were traditional dances and songs performed... lots of great food of course!!





"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.  I (Jesus) came that they may have life and have it abundantly."  John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment