Mark Parker was our guest speaker. Great man from New Zealand! He spoke on Lordship and God being King and Lord over our lives. TONS of information! This post won't be exhaustive on what he taught... please ask questions if you have any! He focused on the Old Testament tabernacle and how now that we are New Testament Christians, WE are the tabernacle. At the end of every week, we have what's called "ministry time". It's a time to respond to the topic of the week and take action with what we've learned. Some weeks ministry time lasts until lunch, some dinner... this week we finished at 10:45pm! A whole stinkin' day of loving and praising the Lord, offering our lives to Him, praying, encouraging each other, making commitments to full-time ministry, and seeking His truth! Sooo worth it! We started out asking ourselves what we wanted out of this day, then the Pacific DTS team performed an island dance for us. We worshipped next, then everyone shared something they were thankful to God for. More praising God! Afterwards we gave an offering to God... something we were giving to Him that meant a lot to us to show how much we are committed to Him. Next was confessing any sins... leaving all shame and guilt at the cross. Through all this, we are growing closer as a team which is great before our 9 weeks of outreach! A lot of special bonds were formed on this camping trip! I love it! more worship, a time of prayer over each other, lots of encouraging words and pictures given over people. Lastly, having communion as one huge happy family!
One thing I've been struggling with is hearing God's voice. I didn't really know what that meant before I came to YWAM. At the beginning, I didn't know if God was speaking to me or if I was only making things up in my head. After this camping trip, I know for sure that God speaks to me. Through visions during worship, dreams at night, or through words for individuals... I can hear Him! God is awesome!!
More pictures! These are not all from camping.
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 1 Corinthians 10:15
We held an auction to raise money for Sophie... these guys paid $60-something to throw a pie at her face!
This is Violet and I eating a delicious and fresh loaf of bread. One of our friends on staff gets loads of bread delivered to their house for free every Friday! Yumm!
This is Hajeong (Ha-Jong)! She is from South Korea! This is us at the creek behind our campsite at Hidden Valley.
Breakfast time around the fire!
Wow it looks like you had a great time and learned a lot!! I want to go on a mission's trip. Our church goes to Guatemala. We will make it there one day!
ReplyDelete