On Sunday the 11th, the team and I are headed out at 6 am to start a 3-week long outreach trip. We will travel 10 hours to Gladstone and put on a week of seminars in local high schools... 3 different schools... 5 different days and age groups. Yikes! This seminar focuses on the students' goals and values in their lives and how God can fit into those. I am a seminar presenter along with Matt, another Texan on my team! Next, the team is splitting up. One team will lead a week-long camp going to an amusement park, water park, some shopping, learning to surf, and ending the nights with messages of Jesus. The team that I'm on will participate in a program called Mission Adventures. We will host students from a high school in Melbourne here on base. They will spend 4 days in "lectures" learning about God and how to share God with other people. Then for 6 days we are traveling to a neighboring island called Palm Island. For this, I'm giving a message on how to share the gospel and I will be a group leader once on Palm Island. Great responsibilities!
Whew! Then 1-2 days of rest! I'm thinking it will be MUCH needed! Here are some things you can pray for:
- team unity
- swift conflict resolution between team members
- intimacy with God- that we will individually seek God even in the midst of the craziness!
- safe travel/health/physical and emotional rest
- Auslife-
- that Matt and I can memorize our scripts
- program goes off without a hitch
- the students are open and ask questions about God
- Mission Adventures-
- students are open to learn
- students are open to serve
- opportunities to invest in the students lives
- opportunities to learn from the natives on Palm Island
- wisdom, guidance, patience as I lead a group on the island
- we can share God with Palm Island
- safe travel, good health
- opportunities to talk with and serve the people who have opened their homes for us to lodge at
Thank you everyone! Talk to you in 3 weeks!
Have fun... am praying for ur request! Love u :-)
ReplyDelete