In this new year, I'm challenging myself to take more pictures. I've always been horrible at it... I figure everyone else will take the pics and I'll just make copies. I don't think I'm creative at all... I don't "see" great scenes, or views, or angles, or whatever you need to be a great picture-taker. So I started a 'photo-a-day' challenge. It's been really fun and definitely challenging. A lot of times I feel my life and the world around me is boring BUT this picture challenge has been helping me see the beauty in the everyday things! Woohoo!
To take things a step further... because why not?!?! I decided to start a picture blog (of sorts). I plan on studying a book of the Bible each month. Then each week take a picture that is inspired by what I've been reading/studying/learning/etc! January was Titus... that proved to kick my butt! I only did 1 picture... drum roll please... and here it is!
Titus to me is all about how we live and how we show/teach others to live! My favorite (and probably most known) chapter in Titus is chapter 2. Paul is explaining to Titus that the church should be teaching each other. Older men and women should be instructing the younger ones in how to live a godly life. Every church member should be leading by example!
Every 3rd Sunday, my church serves a meal to the needy at Fiesta Domingo (church/soup kitchen/food pantry/clothing closet). We serve, chat, laugh, and comfort every person we come in contact with. Every church member is welcome to come, young or old! This is a great way for older members to lead the younger in godliness! I love that my church doesn't just give lip service to God but actually lives out biblical truths.
I will try to do better in February! I will get a picture blog out every week! February's book is 1 Corinthians!
No comments:
Post a Comment