Sunday, July 17, 2011

1st post from Aussie land!

I don't think anyone can be prepared for the travel here. It was a full 26 hours of being in airports, flying, layovers, etc. Then add the 16 hour time difference. But we flew at night so sleeping wasnt hard & got here in the morning (a day ahead though) so jet lag hasn't been a big deal. The flight back to the States will be a WAY different story. Anyway, got to Townsville around 1:30 pm on Saturday which would be 10:30 pm Friday for you guys. There are 10 people in my DTS (Discipleship Training School) and 10-11 people in another DTS that will be island hopping essentially around the Pacific. They will be doing different lectures and things than us but we do everything else together. Yesterday YouthStreet was going on 2p-10p so there were tons of teenagers around. From 2-5, they have groups such as dance, music, drama. So its just something focused for them to work on. Every so often they perform for the whole place... which was last night! The music group sang from Les Miserables, then there was lots of random acts lol.

We live in flats (apartments) right behind the main base. There are 2 rooms each with 5 girls. 2 showers, 1 toilet... hasn't been a problem yet! :) The showers each have a window... I feel like I'm taking a shower out in the jungle or something. The doors and windows are always open here... which it feels amazing no matter what time of day it is. Bugs haven't been a big problem either. They have these little ants but they're so small you can barely see them! Anyway, I'll post video soon so you can actually see all this!

Orientation is this afternoon so I'll know more soon!

1 comment: